National Trading Standards Regional Investigations Teams
The National Trading Standards Regional Investigations Teams target criminals involved with doorstep crime, counterfeiting, consumer and business fraud and other related crime. The Regional Investigations Teams operate across England and Wales through eight regionally based teams covering:
- Central England Trading Standards Authorities (CeNTSA)
- North East Trading Standards Authorities (NETSA)
- Trading Standards East Midlands (TSEM)
- Trading Standards North West (TSNW)
- Tri Region, on behalf of Trading Standards South East Ltd (TSSEL), East of England Trading Standards Association (EETSA) and London Trading Standards authorities (LTS)
- Trading Standards South West (TSSW)
- Yorkshire and Humber Trading Standards Group (YAHTSG) and
- Wales Heads of Trading Standards (WHoTS)
Examples of recent activity undertaken by our Regional Investigations Teams can be found on the News section.
National Trading Standards Regional Investigations Teams Press Releases
Five sentenced following fraud case
30th September 2019
Cold-calling fish seller ordered to repay victims
27th September 2019
Man Sentenced For Selling Illegal Satellite TV Boxes
10th July 2019
Foyer Trader Convicted of Defrauding Customers
3rd July 2019
Mother and son ordered to pay back customers for Dyson vacuum fraud
15th April 2019
The National Trading Standards Work Areas
National Trading Standards has teams overseeing a range of issues, from copycat websites to doorstep crime.
Consumer Harm Report 2018
National Trading Standards’ annual Consumer Harm Report reveals more consumer detriment prevented and record prison sentences handed down. Report also highlights new and emerging threats facing consumers and businesses.
Friends Against Scams
Friends Against Scams is a National Trading Standards (NTS) Scams Team initiative, which aims to protect and prevent people from becoming victims of scams by empowering communities to Take a Stand Against Scams.
Scams Awareness Month 2018
Scams Awareness Month is a yearly campaign which aims to create a network of confident, alert consumers who ‘don’t miss a trick’ when it comes to scams. Scams Awareness Month 2018 will take place in June.